Monday, February 1, 2010

more pictures


We've been exchanging pictures... here's the biomechanics group picture that Jim took when we went to Cape Evans. From left to right, Jim, Dennis, Idan, Warren, Mark, Annaliese, and me.











This is at Cape Evans at the bottom of the hill we were sliding down. From left to right, Mark, Annaliese, me, and Warren. I think this picture was taken right after Mark got to the bottom.











Here's me looking windblown. Have I mentioned that it's very windy here?














Here's a picture I took around midnight the other night of the fata morgana. It's a mirage caused by abrupt changes in temperature. Here the maximum sunlight occurs around 4pm, so midnight is I guess sort of like sunset in that there's often really nice light in the sky even though the sun doesn't actually go down. We have noticed that the sun is much lower in the sky now than it was when we arrived but I think it'll be up for a couple more months still.

No comments:

Post a Comment